ABOUT THE SOFTWARE
The ideal OCR solution for Mac users
ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac is a powerful, professional OCR solution that has the sophistication
and ease Mac users expect from their software. FineReader turns scans, PDFs and digital
photos into editable formats, including Apple Pages, Numbers, PDF and e-book formats. With
unmatched OCR accuracy and outstanding recognition and conversion capabilities, FineReader
Pro for Mac eliminates retyping and reformatting. It fully reproduces the original layout of the
document including headers, footers and tables of content.
- Increased Productivity
Retyping content from
documents wastes time and
effort. FineReader Pro for Mac
reduces manual work and
makes you more efficient.
- Access to Information
Digital documents should be
searchable. Simply scanning
a document is not enough.
Without searchable text,
how can you find it later?
Designed with an easy to use
task-oriented interface that
guides you through the OCR
steps and helps you optimise
the recognition results.
- The ADRT® Advantage
Intelligently analyses the
document as an entity and
reproduces not just text, but
special formatting such as
headers, footers, footnotes
and page numbers.
- Leading Language Support
Supports up to 189 recognition
- Recognised Experience
Based on OCR technology
from a market leading expert.
ABBYY has received more
than 200 awards from leading
IT publications and industry
Sophisticated OCR and ADRT® Technologies
Productivity-Boosting Ease and Compatibility
- Unmatched OCR accuracy for
Mac OS X saves you time by eliminating the
need to correct or retype documents.
- Advanced Document Recognition Technology
(ADRT) precisely reconstructs the formatting
structure of converted documents.
- More languages supported than
any other Mac OCR solution. Automatically
detects and converts documents in more than
Perfect for PDFs
- Work productively from the start
thanks to a single intuitive interface that lets
you accomplish even the most complex tasks
- Seamlessly supports your
favorite productivity solutions – from iWorks®
and Microsoft Office® to open source applications
such as OpenOffice™ Writer.
Converts Text from Digital Photos
- Share, retrieve and store
content more easily with the power to create
searchable PDFs optimised for archiving.
- Save to PDF/A files for long-term
- Add or edit PDF content and properties.
Makes Sharing Documents Faster and Easier
- Capture documents with your
smartphone or digital camera and use
FineReader to extract and convert the text into
an editable format.
- Sophisticated image pre-processing
tools automatically make corrections
to ensure best results.
- Image Editor tool enables manual
editing of digital images.
Creates e-books from Scans and PDF-Files
- Transform paper into digital
documents for easy sharing, editing and
- Email converted documents directly from
- FineReader enables you to scan books
and articles straight to popular EPUB® and FB2
- Your e-books are automatically optimised for
reading on portable devices.
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, 1 0.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.13 High Sierra
- 1.5 GB available hard disk space for typical program
installation and 1 GB for program operation
- Supported with Image Capture Application (ICA) scanners
and M FPs (see the list on the Apple web-site: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3669), cameras and smartphones