Ashampoo AntiMalware 1.2
The all-in-one solution: Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus for maximal protection!
The official successor of Ashampoo AntiSpyWare and Ashampoo AntiVirus has been developed from scratch and combines the best of both technologies all in one solution. The comprehensive security solution protects your PC and your data from external threats and blocks viruses, trojans, worms, malware, rootkits, bots, spyware and adware efficiently without putting so much as a strain on your computer’s performance. In addition, the software offers a variety of security tools (e.g. File Wiper, Internet Cleaner, Startup Tuner etc.) based on our prize winning Ashampoo WinOptimizer series. Thanks to its innovative design and intuitive GUI, Ashampoo Anti-Malware is very easy to operate.
The power of two hearts
An unprotected computer is virtually an open invitation for cyber criminals, whose numbers run in the thousands on the Internet today, and can easily cause considerable damage for average users. This is why we developed Ashampoo Anti-Malware for you.
Consider yourself on the safe side with state-of-the-art technology in the field of computer security. Ashampoo Anti-Malware comes with two scanners (anti-spyware and anti-virus) of renown software producers and therefore ensures your pc’s protection from online and offline threats alike. By integrating both engines in one program, the scan time is reduced significantly in comparison to two separately operating programs. Furthermore, Ashampoo Anti-Malware offers a signature check, during which a program is being checked for known malware patterns prior to each program launch (protection from over 3.000.000 current threats from the web and daily updates of the latest signatures), next to a heuristic analysis, enabling for unknown malware to be detected and blocked by means of behavior.
Trojans, Spyware, Worms, Dialer & Co.
Ashampoo Anti-Malware provides reliable protection against the following threats: Keylogger, Trojans, Rootkits:
A keylogger secretly records all keyboard activity and thus spies on e.g. contact and account information during online banking. Trojans are hidden programs that appear to be something desirable for the user and instead enable unauthorized access to your computer. So-called rootkits belong to the same malware category and aim at hiding malware (malicious software) from anti-virus programs and users alike. Ashampoo Anti-Malware detects and removes such “hidden” malware and even rootkits (with the help of Rootkit Detector 2) reliably.
Worms, Viruses, Bots:
Worms often reach their host computer via e-mail attachments and contain viruses and other malicious software. Unlike viruses, worms almost always cause at least some harm to a computer network by using up bandwidth. Once opened, the attachments can cause great damage. More recent network threats are the so-called botnets, where numerous computers are being infected via exploits and turned into spam sending zombie computers under the control of the worm author. With Ashampoo Anti-Malware, worms, viruses and bots don’t stand a chance and are being removed reliably in order to avoid any further damage to the owners system.
Dialer are small programs that use the computer’s modem for unauthorized connection with an unknown provider (often creator of the dialer) when connecting to the internet. In doing so, those dialers can send the user’s online bill skyrocketing with every new connection. Ashampoo Anti-Malware prevents dialer from causing any damage.
Spyware, Adware, Hijacker, Tracking Cookies:
Your personal data and online habits are invaluable to many companies for various reasons. Whether they sell the gathered information for a lot of money without your consent, use it for advertising purposes or misuse it for criminal purposes – a lot of companies simply don’t hesitate to install software (spyware) on your computer that violates your privacy and spies on personal data. However, the term adware refers to software that displays advertisements without the users consent. Those ads can be a pain in the ass and are hard to get rid of. Hijacker manipulate your browser in a way that it only displays certain unknown webpages, again without the user’s consent. On the other hand, cookies pose no direct threat since they only collect information about your surf habits and communicate them to a third party. Ashampoo Anti-Malware rids your pc reliably of spyware, adware and other tiresome spies.
- Two integrated engines of renowned software producers offer advanced protection from: viruses, trojans, worms, malware, rootkits, bots, spyware and adware
- During file execution and file copying, the onAccess guard offers maximum protection against all kind of threats before they can affect the entire system
- Heuristic analysis designed to detect unknown threats
- Protection against more than 3.000.000 potential threats from the web
- Rootkit Detector 2: Improved protection against invisible threats
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 (32bit/64bit)
- Real-time protection enables for considerably safer execution on driver level and takes care of the following Windows areas:
- BHO (Browser Helper Objects): Detects and blocks unwanted BHO installations (+disables them permanently if desired)
- Winsock-LSP (Layered Service Provider): Detects and blocks unwanted LSP installations (+disables them permanently if desired)
- Windows HOSTS file (anti pharming): Gives warning of Windows HOSTS file entries
- Autostart entries: Detects and blocks unwanted autostart entries (+disables them permanently if desired)
- ActiveX installations: Detects and blocks unapproved ActiveX installations
- “Live” logging: Displays all monitored objects of the real-time protection in a clearly arranged manner
- Improved Windows 7 compatible tools based on eleven years of experience in the field of utilities and our prize winning Ashampoo WinOptimizer series:
- File Wiper: Completely eliminates all traces of sensitive files from your hard drive
- Internet Cleaner: Clear browser cache, cookies and internet history
- Hostsfile Checker: Reports suspicious entries (redirected DNS entries) in hosts file and blocks them on demand
- ADS Scanner: Search for invisible streams on NTFS volumes and erase them
- Start-up Tuner: Shut down inconvenient autostart entries at once
- Process Manager: Lists all active processes giving corresponding information and enables termination of suspicious processes
- Rootkit Detector 2: Searches the OS for hidden rootkits and removes them in an instance
- LSP Viewer: Administrate all installed Winsock layer that can influence network activity
Even more features of Ashampoo Anti-Malware:
- Whitelist: With the help of whitelist definitions, folders or files can be excluded from the search in order to prevent false alarms or speed up the scan process, if reassured that those folders/files are not infected (e.g. video folders)
- Self protection: Encryption algorithms secure the program’s safety mechanisms and the whitelist from external threats
- Scan administration: Integrated scheduler for automated scan process management
- User-defined scans: Create automated scan jobs
- Brand-new GUI: Innovative interface for even more intuitive and easy operation (recommended for first-time users)
- Customized file filter: Scan only specific formats or all files in order to achieve maximal security
- 1 year signature updates included
- Supported operating systems: Windows® XP (Service Pack 2), Windows Vista™ 32bit/64bit (Service Pack 1) and Windows® 7 32bit/64bit
- Free e-mail support