Dragon Mac 5.0
NOTE: The Code must be activated at the publisher's website! Visit the website and follow the instructions to register your serial number.
Dragon for Mac speech recognition software empowers individual Mac users to be more productive at work by enabling fast, highly accurate dictation and transcription with the right level of customisation to speed document creation. Add custom words such as specific industry terminology, insert frequently-used text or shortcut repetitive tasks by voice to work faster and smarter - whether you’re creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations, sending emails, filling out forms or simply want to reduce the physical stress of typing. For professional dictation on the go, share your desktop dictations and automatically synchronise custom words and texts with your Dragon Anywhere enabled mobile device to be productive by voice in the office or on the road.
The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer
Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Get highly accurate speech recognition results with no training required
- Eliminate spelling concerns and minimise corrections
- Enjoy superior reliability and performance with Dragon’s strong technology foundation
Provides a personalised voice driven experience
- Achieve increasingly accurate results the more you use it
- Enjoy personalised accuracy; Dragon learns the words and phrases you use the most and spells even difficult words and proper names correctly
- Further enhance accuracy with optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents
- Work your way using Smart Format Rules; dictate naturally and the text appears as you intended it to
- Work effortlessly with a solution that just “understands” you and how you speak
Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling.
- Think out loud
- Overcome writer’s block
- Express yourself more creatively
- Avoid spelling errors
- Capture ideas up to three times faster than typing
- Multitask thanks to hands-free interaction
- Enter text quickly in forms, chats, social media, blogs and more
Edit and format documents - all by voice
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to make edits and apply formatting using your voice. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, numbers and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
- Make edits and format text quickly - faster than using your mouse and keyboard
- Automatically format text to appear the way you want it to - every time
- Easily switch between keyboard, mouse and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task
Import/export custom word lists and vocabulary
Dragon for Mac easily learns acronyms, proper names and other unique or business-specific phrases that you frequently use for capturing your unique words the way you want. In addition, you can import and export your custom word lists.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently used text
With Dragon for Mac, it’s quick and easy to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text. This feature lets you insert a standard reply, a signature block, or other boilerplates by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
Automate business processes with time saving workflows
Create AppleScripts, Automator Workflows, or shell scripts and let Dragon for Mac activate them by voice to automate simple workflows or multi-step business processes via simple voice commands.
Synchroise with separate Dragon Anywhere mobile app
Dragon Anywhere is a separate, cloud-based app that provides continuous dictation capabilities, letting you create and edit documents of any length by voice - using your own customised words, shortcuts and commands - directly on your iOS or Android device. It adapts to your voice and terminology so you can dictate, edit, navigate and format quickly and accurately within your document from anywhere. Your documents can be shared, custom words and texts synced with Dragon desktop offerings for seamless productivity wherever your job takes you. Gain immediate access to your dictation without having to wait or rely on a costly transcription service so can spend more time contributing to your bottom line and less time behind a desk completing administrative tasks.
Enjoy superior voice command and control in many popular applications
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Full Text Control (full voice driven editing and command capabilities) within many popular applications you use every day, enabling you to create documents and zip through computer tasks in record time.
Transcribe your recordings from audio files
Dragon for Mac supports Nuance approved digital voice recorders for advanced recording functionality and can automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your Mac. You may prefer to take notes by recording your voice into an audio device for later transcription, or you can work with the Dragon Anywhere mobile app for immediate, professional grade dictation. Dragon Professional Individual lets you work the way that you want, to optimise your productivity while on the road.
You can also accurately transcribe another single speaker’s voice from pre-recorded audio files or from podcasts. To transcribe an audio file, Dragon checks if your profile needs a transcription source created and will lead you through a training process. If your audio recording is of a different speaker, you must create a new profile. Only a 90 second audio clip of that speaker (instead of the speaker personally present to read a passage) is required for training.
Command and control your computer by voice
Launch applications, select menu items, press keys, switch between windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more all by voice, if you wish. Dragon for Mac gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your computer
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. With Dragon for Mac you can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, enabling you to easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalised preferences for accuracy and formatting. This is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at work and your Mac’s built-in mic when you’re on the go. You have the option to use:
- Microphones built into all MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac computers: You are free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your Mac without using a headset for optimal flexibility and convenience
- Wireless Bluetooth mic: Use a Nuance certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
- Any other Nuance approved microphone: See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information.
Easy to get started, easy to master
Dragon Professional Individual makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It’s also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
- Fast, easy set-up gets you going with speech recognition in no time
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set for ever increasing productivity gains
- Additional help with in-context guidance at any time, giving you not only a hint on the spot but allowing you to learn these essential commands over time
- Improved accuracy over version 4.x, (15% out of the box accuracy improvement) with optimisation for the latest speech recognition technology
- Improved support for internal microphones built into all MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac computers for high out of the box accuracy without training
- Share dictation and sync customisations with Dragon Anywhere app for mobile productivity
- Enhanced support for more accents
- Support for Word 2016 with Full Text Control and built-in commands
- Save transcribed files as Microsoft Word documents
- Redesigned interface that’s even easier to use
- Menu walking: select items in any menu by voice
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or faster processor - Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended
- Free hard disk space: 8 GB
- Supported operating systems: OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Yosemite (10.10) or OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- RAM: 4 GB, 8 GB+ recommended
- An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process) and access to online help
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance approved microphone. Some older devices are no longer supported. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information