Dragon Professional Individual
NOTE: The Code must be activated at the publisher's website! Visit the website and follow the instructions to register your serial number.
Dragon Professional Individual drives individual productivity at work by enabling fast, accurate dictation and transcription with the right level of customisation to speed document creation. Add custom words such as specific industry terminology, insert frequently used custom text or shortcut repetitive tasks by voice to work faster and smarter - whether you’re creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations, sending emails, filling out forms or simply looking to reduce the physical stress of typing. For professional dictation on the go, share your desktop dictations and automatically sync custom words and texts with your Dragon Anywhere enabled mobile device to be productive by voice in the office or on the road.
The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer
Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Get highly accurate speech recognition results with no training required
- Eliminate spelling concerns and minimise corrections
- Enjoy superior reliability and performance with Dragon’s strong technology foundation
Provides a personalised voice driven experience
- Achieve increasingly accurate results the more you use it
- Enjoy personalised accuracy; Dragon learns the words and phrases you use the most and spells even difficult words and proper names correctly
- Further enhance accuracy with optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails
- Work your way using Smart Format Rules; dictate naturally and the text appears as you intended it to
- Work effortlessly with a solution that just “understands” you and how you speak
Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling.
- Think out loud
- Overcome writer’s block
- Express yourself more creatively
- Avoid spelling errors
- Capture ideas up to three times faster than typing
- Multitask thanks to hands-free interaction
- Enter text quickly in forms, chats, social media, blogs and more
Edit and format documents — all by voice
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to select text, make edits and apply formatting using your voice to make easy work of document creation. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, numbers and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
- Make edits and format text quickly — much faster than using your mouse to select text and the keyboard to type in changes
- Automatically format text to appear the way you want it to — every time
- Easily switch between typing and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task
Import/export custom word lists and vocabulary
Dragon Professional Individual easily learns acronyms, proper names and other unique or business specific phrases that you frequently use for capturing your unique words the way you want. In addition, you can import and export your custom word lists.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics
With Dragon Professional Individual, it’s quick and easy to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text and graphics. This feature lets you insert a standard reply, a signature block, a logo, or other boilerplates by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
Automate business processes with time saving macros
Create macros to automate simple workflows or multi-step business processes via simple voice commands. For example, send an email to your sales distribution list, copy the senior management team, and print a hard copy for your files by saying something like, “Send standard sales distribution email.”
Synchronise with separate Dragon Anywhere mobile app
Dragon Anywhere is a separate, cloud based app that provides continuous dictation capabilities, letting you create and edit documents of any length by voice - using your own customised words, shortcuts and commands - directly on your iOS or Android device. It adapts to your voice and terminology so you can dictate, edit, navigate and format quickly and accurately within your document from anywhere. Your documents can be shared, custom words and texts synced with Dragon desktop offerings for seamless productivity wherever your job takes you. Gain immediate access to your dictation without having to wait or rely on a costly transcription service so can spend more time contributing to your bottom line and less time behind a desk completing administrative tasks.
Enjoy superior voice command and control in many popular applications
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Full Text Control (full voice driven editing and command capabilities) within many popular applications you use every day, enabling you to create documents and zip through computer tasks in record time. These capabilities are available in for example:
- Microsoft Word 2010, 2013, WordPerfect X6 & X7, Wordpad, Notepad and more
- Outlook 2010, 2013
- Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail and more, within Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
- Excel 2010, 2013
… and more!
Transcribe your recordings from audio files
Dragon Professional Individual supports Nuance approved digital voice recorders for advanced recording functionality and can automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your PC. You may prefer to take notes by recording your voice into an audio device for later transcription, or you can work with the Dragon Anywhere mobile app for immediate, professional grade dictation. Dragon Professional Individual lets you work the way that you want, to optimise your productivity while on the road.
You can also accurately transcribe another single speaker’s voice from prerecorded audio files or from podcasts. To transcribe an audio file, Dragon checks if your profile needs a transcription source created and will lead you through a training process. If your audio recording is of a different speaker, you must create a new profile. Only a 90 second audio clip of that speaker (instead of the speaker personally present to read a passage) is required for training.
Command and control your computer by voice
Launch applications, select menu items, press keys, switch between windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more all by voice, if you wish. Dragon Professional Individual gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your computer
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Simplify proofreading with natural sounding text-to-speech or audio playback
Dragon’s text-to-speech capability is a natural-sounding synthesised voice that reads designated text to you, thereby simplifying proofreading and supporting new levels of multitasking. With Dragon Professional Individual, you can also listen to audio playback of your own dictation with the associated text highlighted on the screen.
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. With Dragon Professional Individual you can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, enabling you to easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalised preferences for accuracy and formatting. This is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at work and your laptop’s built-in mic when you’re on the go. You have the option to use:
- Microphones built into many of the latest laptops: You’re free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset for optimal flexibility and convenience
- Wireless Bluetooth mic: Use a Nuance certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
- Any other Nuance-approved microphone: See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information.
Extend accessibility and prevent repetitive strain injuries
Dragon Professional Individual eliminates barriers for individual workers with disabilities that limit their ability to use a keyboard and mouse. In addition, it helps prevent fatigue and repetitive stress injuries by offering a comfortable, ergonomic alternative to the keyboard and mouse.
Easy to get started, easy to master
Dragon Professional Individual makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It’s also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
- Fast, easy set-up gets you going with speech recognition in no time
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set for ever increasing productivity gains
- Additional help with in context commands when user asks “what can I say” at any time, giving you not only a hint on the spot but allowing you to learn these essential commands over time
- RAM: Minimum 2 GB for 32-bit Windows 7, 8.1 & 10; 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012
- CPU: Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor.
Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Free hard disk space: 8 GB
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32- and 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox for Online Help
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance approved microphone. Some older devices are no longer supported. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information
- An Internet connection for product download and automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process) and access to Online Help
Note: Does not support dictation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Practice Edition.