NOTICE: Uplay account and internet connection are required to activate, download and use this product.
About the game
Far Cry 3 players step into the shoes of Jason Brody, a man alone at the edge of the world, stranded on a mysterious tropical island cut off from civilization. In this savage paradise where lawlessness and violence are the only sure thing, players will dictate when, where and how the events of the game unfold. Players will slash, sneak, detonate and shoot their way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of right and wrong.
- Unique and Fully-Realized World
- The island of Far Cry 3 will drop the player into a rich and stunningly well-realized environment, full of intriguing characters to meet, locations to explore and explosive fights to jump into.
- Narrative-Driven Experience
- Alone on a tropical island, the player will have to confront the dark side of humanity. As Jason Brody, gamers will be impelled to act as he learns more about the horror and corruption that is taking place on the island.
- Modern-Day Setting & Context
- Far Cry 3 exists within a world of conceivable reality, where the events could have been ripped straight from the headlines of the news.
- Environment Rich with Opportunities
- The natural environment is a tool to be used for survival, improvising your attack or deception of the enemy. Gameplay will reflect the range of opportunities and variety only this type of environment could provide.
Windows - Minimum
- OS : Windows® XP / Windows Vista® / Windows® 7 / Windows® 8
- Processor : 2.66 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo E6700 or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 6000+ or better
- Memory : 4 GB or better recommended
- Hard Drive : 15 GB available space
- Graphics : 512 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compliant with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)*
- Sound card : DirectX 9.0c–compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
- Multiplayer : 512 kbps or faster broadband connection
- Peripherals supported : Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- AMD Radeon™ HD 2900 / 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX / 9 / 200 / 400 / 500 / 600 series
- Laptop versions of these cards may work, but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. For the most up-to-date minimum requirement listings, please visit the FAQ on our support website at http://support.ubi.com.
© 2011 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Based on Crytek’s original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli. Powered by Crytek’s technology “CryEngine”